Thursday, February 9, 2012

"The Man Without a Country" - by Bee Sting

Americans Stand with Israel
by Bee Sting
Thursday, Feb. 9, 2012

"The Man Without a Country" is a short story by American writer Edward Everett Hale, first published anonymously in The Atlantic in December 1863.[1] It is the story of American Army lieutenant Philip Nolan, who renounces his country during a trial for treason and is consequently sentenced to spend the rest of his days at sea without so much as a word of news about the United States. Though the story is set in the early 19th century, it is an allegory about the upheaval of the American Civil War and was meant to promote the Union cause.
*********


Books are a remarkable way of stirring up our imaginations and a good book will make you think - such a book will never leave you completely and like an old friend, the memory will linger long after you have parted ways.  The Man without a Country is an "old" friend to me.  

At the time I read this book, I was young and the world was filled with sunshine and roses.  I faced life with great anticipation; wondered when and who my "knight in shinning armor" would be and when he would enter my life; had a good home, parents, family and friends galore and you could say, at the tender age of 16 yrs., my life was beautiful.  News and politics were something my parents paid attention to and talked about during our evenings sitting around the living room, but bad news wasn't something a young girl allowed her mind to embrace.  Call me "Pollyanna"!  

Now my Dad had fought in WWII and that had much to do with my great sense of patriotism.  One thing my father discussed often was the fact that we lived in the greatest country in all the world and that we should always be grateful for living in America.  So, while reading this book, I couldn't comprehend or allow my imagination to think of anyone renouncing the United States of America. The thought of being separated from everything I knew and loved was too devastating to think about, but apparently I did think about it, because I have never forgotten this story.

Fifty years later and I am no longer the young girl who first read this book.  My "knight in shinning armor" of 47 years passed away quite suddenly in August, 2010; our children are grown, their children are grown (most of them) and the first great grandchild was born 3 months ago.  and for me, America is still beautiful.  However, there is something rotten in Washington, DC and with our "leaders" who were voted into office to "serve" the people and not run over them with a bulldozer!

Can you feel it?  See it? Hear it?  Good!  Our "leaders", congressmen and women, and President must be deaf, dumb, and blind!

It isn't just my imagination.  Not when the news commentators announced this morning that Congress has an "approval rating" of less than 10%.  Not when a President who begs for a "second chance" cannot run on his last 4 year record - not since whatever he does and says is another nail in America's coffin.  Which brings me back to the book "The Man without a Country".

If President Obama were an honest man, he would simply tell Americans that he denounces the United States and would step on down from the highest Office in the Land.  It isn't just "one" issue that disqualifies him as a suitable candidate to lead America and the "free" world - pick a subject, point to his pet achievement "Obamacare"; watch his attitude towards our allies; listen to his hollow speeches; check out his closest "buddies", like the leaders in Turkey; and as you slip into the money-less pit of no return, ask if this is the best America has to offer to the world - the answer is a clear "No way! and No thanks!".


He has been at war with Israel since the day he took office; he has embraced America's enemies, gives billions in aid to those countries who have open hands and thankless hearts (and who, recently arrest our citizens as spies); and now, we experience a "new" war out of the White House - a war on free speech and religion.  It was not enough that he was at war with the Jews and Israel; he now takes on the largest Christian church in the world and makes war with the Catholic Church.  Jihad - Obama style!  He hands down orders to the military Chaplains, demanding that they not read to the troops a letter from their church leaders; he covers his personal agenda to murder freedom of religion under the guise of a health bill; and that old saying first expressed by a Protestant preacher,pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group. holds true today as the day it was first written.   The text of the quotation is usually presented roughly as follows:
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics,
and I didn't speak out because I was Protestant.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Americans, is there anyone left inside Washington, DC who speaks for us?  Certainly not our President and not, for the most part, Congress!  President Obama claims to be a United States citizens; however, he is either a man without a country, or a man without God. And while it is his choice to either believe in or not believe in God, it is not his choice to decide what each of us believe; it is not his choice to step on our religious freedoms and our liberties, while running a sword through all that Americans place their faith in - and for me, my faith has never been the Federal Government.


America, we are on the very cliff's edge of having "no one left to speak out" for us.



Santorum: Obama Putting America On 'The Path Of Executing Religious People




Obama, You Are No Abe Lincoln