Monday, March 26, 2012

Obama to Russia: ‘After My Election I Have More Flexibility’ (video included)

U.S. President Barack Obama shakes hands with Russian President Dmitry Medvedev in a bilateral meeting before they both attend the 2012 Nuclear Security Summit later today in Seoul, South Korea, March 26, 2012. REUTERS/Larry Downing 
SEOUL | Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:54am EDT 
THE WEEKLY STANDARD
8:01 AM, MAR 26, 2012 • BY DANIEL HALPER 
President Obama got caught in private conversation with a hot mic today in Seoul, South Korea, telling outgoing Russian president Dmitry Medvedev that Vladimir Putin should give him more "space" and that "[a]fter my election I have more flexibility."
Jake Tapper has the exchange:
President Obama: "On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space."
President Medvedev: "Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…"
President Obama: "This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility."
President Medvedev: "I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir, and I stand with you."
Here's video:
Uploaded by  on Mar 26, 2012
Bill Plante of CBS News reports on Obama telling Russian President Medvedev that he will work on the missile defense system with Russia after the election (March 26, 2012).


NOTE:
Read the report posted on HOTAIR, by Ed Morrissey:

"Ah, open microphones at photo ops.  Is there anything they can’t expose?  And is there any lesson about them that Barack Obama can learn?  Five months after reporters picked up a conversation in which Obama and French President Nicolas Sarkozy disparaged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamim Netanyahu, Obama forgot to check the microphones yet again in a conversation with Russian President Dmitri Medvedev.  This time, however, the microphones picked up the sound of Obama begging for some political help from Vladimir Putin — in order to gain the “flexibility” to cave on missile defense:" ,,,, continue reading 

and
posted on The BlazeOBAMA CAUGHT ON HOT MIC: TELLS RUSSIAN PREZ HE‘LL HAVE MORE ’FLEXIBILITY‘ ’AFTER MY ELECTION’


AND ON TWITTER, POSTED BY aLLEN wEST:


Pres Obama, What do you mean by your comment to Russian Pres Medvedev.. "I can be more flexible after the election." awaiting your response